Divine Liturgy is normally held on the first Saturday of each month at 10am.
During the service, all Orthodox Christians are invited to Confession and Holy Communion. Other Church services (Christening, marriage, funeral, house blessing, etc.) may be organized by preliminary arrangement. Please contact the Church Warden for further information (see Contact us).
Liturgies take place at:
St Mary’s Church, Bishophill Junior, York, YO1 6EN (please see parking information below).
SCHEDULE OF SERVICES
Saturday 3rd of October 2020, 10 am – Divine Liturgy
Dear brothers and sisters!
Following the UK Government’s requirements for reopening of places of worship during COVID-19 the following rules must be observed during services in our parish:
1. Parishioners must keep 2 metre social distancing (apart from the members of the same family).
2. All parishioners attending the service will be asked to leave their contact details (name, phone number and address) for the purpose of Track & Trace. The details will be kept for 21 days and then destroyed.
3. The sale/lighting of candles, icon veneration and the sale of any church merchandise are not permitted.
4. Face-to-face confession is not permitted, so the confessions will be held communally.
5. Communion spoon will be sterilised after each person.
6. It will not be possible to write any name notes in the church, so these should be prepared beforehand.
7. Singing is not permitted except for 1 designated cantor.
8. We will not be offering any water/prosphora after Communion.
9. Parishioners must wear a face covering.
Parking at St Marys Bishophill
1.Use the carpark behind the Odeon in The Crescent YO24 1AJ cost £3.00 for 3 hours (10 minute walk)
2.You can also park in Scarcroft Road (YO21 1DB) or Albemarle Road (YO23 1FB) at the end closest to Tadcaster Road it is free parking (20 minute walk).
3.Use the car park under the car park at Jewbury YO31 7PL cost £1.00 per hour (20 minute walk)
4.Use the Park & Ride system (White Line 3) from the Tesco store in Tadcaster Road YO24 1LW. This costs £2.50 return to Blossom Street then 5 minute walk.
All Blue Badge holders can park anywhere.